M&A Transaction Services for Business Advisors
As mentioned on other pages, I only work with clients that have been referred to me by the business advisors they work with, or by past clients. This way, I know that the client has been working on preparing the business for sale and is actually ready to go to market. If you’re a business owner who wants to talk to me about M&A transaction services, please talk to the business advisor you have been working with to prepare for the sale about getting in touch with me.
If you are a business advisor considering referring a client to me, I ask that you ensure that your client is reasonably prepared. A read through the succession planning and M&A process sections of this site and a few in-depth conversations with your client should give you a good idea of whether the business is ready to be taken to market.
In general, I work with owners of middle market businesses who:
- Have profitable companies with strong prospects for future growth
- Have, or soon will have, management running day-to-day operations
- Are ready to retire but care very much about the future of the company
- Want a buyer with enough capital to grow the business
- Prefer a buyer that will respect the seller’s wishes and enable the company to achieve the seller’s vision for the company and its employees
- Are ethical and willing to work in partnership with me to achieve their goals